Hi Joey,

I doubt this is a Unity issue.  However, I'm trying to determine how you
are setting your resolution.  I see you are using the binary fglrx
driver from the Ubuntu archives, so are you using the Catalyst Control
Center or are you using the Displays settings in Ubuntu to set your
resolution?

At this time, I'm going to mark the Unity bug Invalid and file this bug
against the fglrx-installer package.

Thanks!

** Also affects: fglrx-installer (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: unity (Ubuntu)

which is subscribed to fglrx-installer in Ubuntu.

  manually set resolution but when unit sleeps or reboots resolution
  automatically reverts to default