I've also been able to recreate this issue while running cairo-dock on a
Clevo P150EM (Intel HD4000).

I see the status is NEEDINFO.  I've worked around the issue for myself
by just using the cairo back end, but is there any info/testing I can
provide to help resolve the issue when using OpenGL?

evil@clevo:~$ lsmod|grep "^i"
i915                  610430  4

evil@clevo:~$ sudo lshw -C display
[sudo] password for evil:
  *-display
       product: 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller
       vendor: Intel Corporation
       physical id: 2
       bus info: pci@0000:00:02.0
       version: 09
       width: 64 bits
       clock: 33MHz
       capabilities: msi pm vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom
       configuration: driver=i915 latency=0
       resources: irq:45 memory:f7400000-f77fffff memory:d0000000-dfffffff
ioport:f000(size=64)

evil@clevo:~$ glxinfo | grep OpenGL
OpenGL vendor string: Intel Open Source Technology Center
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) Ivybridge Mobile
OpenGL core profile version string: 3.1 (Core Profile) Mesa 9.1.4
OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 1.40
OpenGL core profile context flags: (none)
OpenGL core profile extensions:
OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 9.1.4
OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
OpenGL context flags: (none)
OpenGL extensions:

which is subscribed to mesa in Ubuntu.

  cairo-dock rendering issues using openGL backend on intel GPU