This issue is reproducible when upgrading from 12.04.3 LTS to trusty if
you used the HWE stack.

** Description changed:

- everytime i start my computer it says i have a problem then asks me if i
- want to partial upgrade it and when i do i get "subprocess installed
- post-removal script returned error exit status 2" when it was trying to
- remove "xserver-common-lts-raring" and it keeps sending me through a
- loop please someone help...
+ Upgrades from 12.04 LTS to future dists may result in xserver-common-
+ lts-raring being unremovable.

- oh it also makes my software center say it can't install anything untill
- "xserver-common-lts-raring" is removed
+ Removing xserver-common-lts-raring ...
+ Removing 'diversion of /usr/lib/xorg/protocol.txt to
/usr/lib/xorg/protocol-precise.txt by xserver-common-lts-raring'
+ dpkg-divert: error: rename involves overwriting `/usr/lib/xorg/protocol.txt'
with
+   different file `/usr/lib/xorg/protocol-precise.txt', not allowed
+ dpkg: error processing xserver-common-lts-raring (--remove):
+  subprocess installed post-removal script returned error exit status 2
+ Errors were encountered while processing:
+  xserver-common-lts-raring

** Changed in: xorg-server-lts-raring (Ubuntu)

which is subscribed to xorg-server-lts-raring in Ubuntu.

  xserver-common-lts-raring does not always get correctly removed.