I may be mis-interpreting this, - if so sorry
While the xorg dev (Peter Hutterer) did comment,  "both merged, thanks.",
(http://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-devel/2013-November/039228.html),    don't
see that they were yet thru 1.14.5
In the upstream bug he seems to be asking for a test case of the type I can't
provide, if someone can may be worthwhile to do so.

  Regression: Enabling typical bindings in  "Desktop-based Viewport
  Switching" breaks scrollwheel scrolling in some windows with a usb
  mouse on a laptop