i agree, we shouldn't keep it open. In the ideal case, when GPU partners
produce drivers (closed or open) "it should just work"(tm). However, it
might be the case in the future that a GPU partner might produce a
driver that "mostly conforms" in which case we will need to decide
whether or not to create another platform to support it. But agreed, no
need to keep a bug open for what may or may not happen.

which is subscribed to fglrx-installer in Ubuntu.

  Lack of Mir support in AMD fglrx driver