Public bug reported:

Users of azerty keyboards lack of Russian phonetic layout. Their only option is
to use phonetic qwerty. This is not really acceptable, so I propose to add
support with the attached patches for azerty Russian phonetic wit the following
variants:
 - ru(phonetic_azerty):         basic phonetic azerty
 - ru(phonetic_winkeys_azerty): basic phonetic azerty, with WinKeys
 - ru(phonetic_fr):             French specific phonetic azerty. This completes
the 3rd level  following the French layout (Alt Gr + a key)
 - ru(phonetic_winkeys_fr):     same, with WinKeys

base.xml.patch    patches   /usr/share/X11/xkb/rules/base.xml
base.lst.patch    patches   /usr/share/X11/xkb/rules/base.lst
evdev.xml.patch   patches   /usr/share/X11/xkb/rules/evdev.xml
ru.patch          patches   /usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/ru

Please tell me if anything is wrong or could be improved. Please also
note that I know almost nothing of the Russian language and its Cyrillic
alphabet so there could be errors.

We also could want to add this layout for users coming from Windows and
used to it : http://tnit.fr/aa.htm

Cheers,
Raphaël.

** Affects: xkeyboard-config (Ubuntu)

** Tags: layout phonetic russian

** Patch added: "ru.patch"
   https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1375445/+attachment/4219514/+files/ru.patch

which is subscribed to xkeyboard-config in Ubuntu.

  No phonetic Russian layout for azerty keyboards