I have the same problem as sohel, where the original issue is fixed but
my external monitor is not detected by Nvidia Prime. I created a
question here:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/550750/nvidia-prime-does-not-detect-
external-vga-monitor-after-updating-ubuntu-drivers

but there are no answers. I have held `ubuntu-drivers-common` at version
0.2.91.5, which allows me to use the external monitor, but it causes
other problems. Before this issue occurred, my setup was working fine.

Ubuntu 14.04 on Lenovo W520

  No longer able to use GUI after update