This is also happening in Ubuntu Trusty 14.04.3 LTS : right after
installing fglrx-updates and fglrx-amdcccle-updates the virtual consoles
become unusable, i.e. totally blank.

Again, as bad as the AMD support for Linux may be, as a matter of fact
the proprietary driver is (unfortunately) still better then its open
source counterpart: display quality is noticeably better, screen
adjustments are way easier and more fine tunable than messing around
with xrandr, composite window  managers don't work properly or don't
work at all  with the open source driver.

Much as I would like to do without the proprietary AMD driver, I need to
use it to have my hardware working as I want, so please fix this issue.

which is subscribed to fglrx-installer-updates in Ubuntu.

  When using fglrx module, the virtual consoles are blank and useless