> I've been running several days without a freeze on my 4.2.6...<snip>..

Update:  I found info suggesting cstate limits of 0,1 & 6(default) are valid,
maybe 3, but probably not 2.

I had to boot my CHI into the OEM.  When I resumed linux, I omitted the
cstate kernel argument, as a sanity check.  My 4.2.6 froze within 5
minutes (browsing internet eagle cam).  Otherwise, still no freezes when
I set intel_idle.max_cstate=1.  (~10 days so far)

It looks like I can reproduce one type of freeze readily, so if y'all
have [baytrail cstate management] 4.2.x patches to beta test, let me
know. I can also test 4.1.1x or 4.3.x patches but those freeze rates are
less "dependable."  I won't test 4.4-rcx until wifi (or USB wifi dongle)
starts working again in the stock kernel.

  8086:0f31 Xubuntu freeze once a day