Thank you Nuno for reporting the trouble you observed.  I'm the one who
posted this very bug report where you added your comment.

I can understand your frustration.  I'm frustrated too.  I'm using open-
source nouveau driver instead and it has problems, too cf.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg/+bug/1547077 , and on top
of that all these are regressions from older Ubuntu releases.

In any case, in any open-source and unpaid context, please refrain from
using several question marks or writing some words in all capital
letters, as its main effect is to turn people away.

Thank you for your attention.

  Using nVidia proprietary driver 361.42 yields black screen