I agree with peerus (comment #139). I suspect that this bug is related
to another program package, but I do not know enough to be able to
suggest which package.

I have problems with graphics with a non-intel graphics chip. It turns
pale (almost completely greyed out), and after switching to another
virtual screen and back again, the graphic rendering is good again. See
this link

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1958073&page=19&p=13511417#post13511417

There is another maybe related issue described at the following link

(I have the original bug of this thread too in another computer.)

  Mouse cursor lost when unlocking with Intel graphics