This may already be solved or known as well however I'm having the same
issue. I'm using Ubuntu 16.04 at its base (its Ubuntu Gnome 16.04). I'm
using a script to put the machine (i'm on a desktop not lappy) to sleep
upon a keyboard shortcut and once it "awakes" I can unlock the machine
but the cursor is missing (right click shows the default nautilus menu
however, but no cursor) however if I have an open window (or if i open a
terminal via a shortcut) already i.e: firefox and alt+tab (or super+tab
in my case) the cursor displays. Very odd. I cannot replicate any other
time other than resuming from sleep. I've ran a dist-upgrade, normal
'upgrade' still no avail,  Any thoughts?

- Brad

  Mouse cursor lost when unlocking with Intel graphics