Hi, honestly I don't remember issues like this. If it was happens once -
I can ignore it. But last week it became annoying(I have to reboot
laptop or X) - so I noticed and report it. I didn't upgrade to 16.04, I
upgraded to 16.04.1 in August. But didn't noticed such issue until few
last days. Don't remember any manual system modifications after
upgrading (issues with WiFi module)

Additional issue - I'm using dock station and external monitor, often
when I close lid the system suspended and resumed(this issue present
from 12.04). The font issue was noticed in both cases (on normal
behavior and on short suspend\resume cycle).

P.S. I updated BIOS. Should I update info somehow?

  X fonts  disappear after suspend/resume cycle