The subpixel information has never yet worked for me. My desktop reports
"unknown" subpixel order for a pretty common monitor:

$ sudo mirout
Output 48: DisplayPort, connected, "DELL U2413", 1920x1200+0+0, enabled, on,
520mm x 320mm (24.0"), normal, 1.00x, unknown, monitor

"unknown" sounds like a bug. And that's without nesting.

  Subpixel order not included in Mir display information