Mesa:   v12.0.6-0ubuntu0.16.04.1
xserver-xorg-video-intel:   2:2.99.917+git20160325-1ubuntu1.2

Although I have the 16.04.1 Hardware Enablement (HWE) kernel, it appears
there is an HWE version of xserver-xorg-video-intel I was not aware of,
and which was not automatically selected with the HWE kernel.  I will
try that now (Using my current 16.04.1 LTS xenial HWE install).

xserver-xorg-video-intel-hwe-16.04:
2:2.99.917+git20160706-1ubuntu1~16.04.1

  Screen flicker on Dell XPS 13 9360 Developer Edition