Hi

Working for 2 days now on Ubuntu 17.04, updated to your proposed kernel
4.11.0-994
Amazing... working dual 4K now via 2x displayport 1.2 without a glitch on both
monitors for the first time.

Fantastic!  And indeed, I hope too, that these fixes will be included a.s.a.p.
I was almost desperate here...

Your solution-proposal really saved my day, so thanks a lot!

  External screen flickers (esp. in terminals) with xorg modesetting
  driver on Intel Broadwell