Hi, I got the exact same syslog message and also use a Lenovo ThinkPad
X1 Carbon 5th Gen with Swedish keyboard. However, my trackpoint and
mouse seem to work as expected. I.e., besides the syslog message. Two
finger scrolling does as well. It also worked in 16.04, 16.10 and is
currently working in 17.04 (upgraded two days ago). I have noticed the
cursor skips in the text but have not excluded if it is the touchpad
that is enabled while typing.

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-input-evdev in Ubuntu.

  psmouse broken for thinkpad touchpad on carbon x1 5th gen