I have the same issue. My desperate workaround is to pull the USB plug
and reinsert it. That seems to reset the tablet and make it work again,
but the problem returns after a few minutes. Another workaround is to
flip the pen and use the eraser end, which buys a bit more time before
having to pull the plug again. It was flawless before the 17.10 upgrade.

which is subscribed to libwacom in Ubuntu.

  Wacom pointer disappears completely, after using the tablet for few
  seconds (Ubuntu 17.10)