I found that in two cases, my wayland desktop session was killed.
1. When screen is locked, plugging external monitor in my laptop.
2. When screen is locked, and with external monitor, at around 0300 UTC. This
might be because of some background services I am not aware.

Symptom:
The monitor is sleep. Type password to unlock.
The monitor shows Login UI. Do login.
The monitor shows unlocking UI. Input password again.
Brand new desktop session. `ps` shows no other applications (including WM and
so) from last session.
A huge core file related to Xwayland appears at $HOME.

The OS is Ubuntu Artful. Version of xwayland is 2:1.19.5-0ubuntu2.

** Affects: xorg-server (Ubuntu)

** Tags: wayland
--
Wayland session got killed.