BertN45:

1)
>"I kept the guests at 5.2.4"

To clarify, using a host with 5.2.6, if you use the Oracle guest
additions from version 5.2.4 this problem is not reproducible in Ubuntu
GNOME?

2)
>" I filed a bug report with Oracle"

Did you file a bug report with Oracle regarding the scope of this
report? If so, could you please provide the URL?

3)
>"Today I also tried the 'beta' version of 5.2.7 with Ubuntu 18.04"

To clarify, you have 5.2.7 on a Ubuntu 18.04 host, and then install the
5.2.7 guest additions in Ubuntu GNOME 18.04?

4)
>"That package had not been installed, but after installing that package"

To advise, you wouldn't have both the Oracle Guest Additions installed
and then install this package. If you did this, that will cause this
issue. virtualbox-guest-x11 is the guest additions that is made for
Ubuntu.

which is subscribed to xorg in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1748729

Title: