Christopher M. Penalver,

I have not had availability to test version 18.04 on a new disc but I
have more information:

- After updating the packages xorg-server....hwe... I decided to test
the Open Source drivers again and got improvements.

- Due to these improvements and to the system crashing less, I detected
a pattern in the crashes. It may not be related but crashes usually
happen when I adjust the size of a window manually.

I'll let you know as soon as I have more information.

which is subscribed to xorg in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1746638

Title:
  [GeForce 6150SE nForce 430] PC freezes and crashes