    https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1554613

Tried it and lo and behold, I got a crash eventually, although it took
way longer in the regular usage scenario. I am not sure if the TLP
settings are implemented correctly though. On one occasion i7z told me
turbo mode was enabled although I disabled it n TLP settings.. That was
when I saw the crash happen. I then manually disabled turbo mode " echo
1 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/intel_pstate/no_turbo" after which it showed
that it was indeed disabled. No clue as to why this was the case.

Another thing I notice is that when I configure it to use :

CPU_MIN_PERF_ON_AC=100
CPU_MAX_PERF_ON_AC=100
CPU_MIN_PERF_ON_BAT=0
CPU_MAX_PERF_ON_BAT=100

I expect it to change operatig mode when I plug or unplug the power
cable. I does not however, as i7z reveals. Seems like it sustains the
mode that was to be chosen based on the situation at boot time. It is
not modified during runtime.

All in all I am hoping to discover that effective deactivation of turbo
mode might be the fix for me.

I don't believe my situation is a duplicate of bug #1554613.

which is subscribed to libdrm in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1535048

Title:
  i915 driver seems to cause system crash at random