I just wanted to add two new notes to this bug report:

1.  When I reported it, I was using a beta of 18.04, right-click didn't
work either by clicking on the area of the trackpad that is supposed to
be reserved for right-click or by using two-finger click.  The former is
still true in the full released version, but the later seems to be
fixed, albeit, it is quite difficult and requires very precise timing
and finger spacing to achieve a right-click (I get a successful right-
click with two fingers about 20% of the time).

2.  I have done a clean install on a different laptop with completely
different hardware, and I am seeing exactly the same problem.

  Right-click doesn't work