So, the pauses I am experiencing is likely due to simply the fact that
the keyboards and mice are being removed then added back, which is a
different issue than the crashes (which appear nvidia related). I will
likely create a PR to only trigger the input subsystem on an as-needed
base to reduce the annoying pauses we see during refreshes.

Alan reported back on irc that the for loop did *not* trigger the crash
which is good for snapd. Looking at the error reports, both are in the
/usr/lib/xorg/Xorg binary:

*
https://errors.ubuntu.com/bucket/?id=/usr/lib/xorg/Xorg%3A11%3Axf86ReadInput%3AInputReady%3Aospoll_wait%3AInputThreadDoWork%3Astart_thread
*
https://errors.ubuntu.com/bucket/?id=/usr/lib/xorg/Xorg%3A11%3Amain_arena%3AInputReady%3Aospoll_wait%3AInputThreadDoWork%3Astart_thread

which have numerous reports. I'm going to mark the 'snapd' task as
invalid since while it may aggravate the issue, Xorg is clearly the
problem.

** Changed in: snapd

** Also affects: xorg-server (Ubuntu)

which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers in Ubuntu.

  Xorg crashed with SIGSEGV