This is coming from R128InitDDARegisters during init in r128_driver.c:

    Roff  = XclksPerTransferPrecise * (DisplayFifoDepth - 4);

    Ron   = (4 * info->ram->MB
             + 3 * MAX(info->ram->Trcd - 2, 0)
             + 2 * info->ram->Trp
             + info->ram->Twr
             + info->ram->CL
             + info->ram->Tr2w
             + XclksPerTransfer) << (11 - UseablePrecision);

Not that it helps me much, but maybe someone can work with that...

That being said, this driver isn't really maintained anymore since it's not
used my modern devices... so I'm not sure this will ever be fixed.

  [r128] Rage 128: Unsuitable videomode autoselected