with Xubuntu 18.10 (yes X) booted (installed image on dx6120); dist-
upgrade, 3x suspends using terminal & 3x suspends via menu with mouse-
pointer, then noticed I'd not logged out since upgrade. I logged out,
back in & repeat 3x suspends using term & 3x menu suspends and mouse-
pointer was there each time.

booted LIVE Xubuntu 18.10 (yes X; latest daily image), first suspend &
lost my mouse-pointer... I didn't have seconds visible on clock so guess
would be 20-30 secs before cursor returned on it's own (& before I found
the menu to select it, but I may have swiped across it many times..)

I'll have to continue testing later  (pain bad, why my concentration is
so poor; however me not seeing this result on installed system is very
good I suspect...

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-nouveau in Ubuntu.

  xubuntu 18.10 daily x86 - suspend, on wake i have no mouse-pointer
  (nvidia/nouveau)