A few weeks ago I submitted the similar Bug #1791367 for airplane mode
key not working on Asus ZenBook Flip UX561UD. We did some tests updating
xkb-data via ppa by Gunnar Hjalmarsson (gunnarhj). This update worked on
the Asus, but broke the airplane mode key on Dell XPS 15 9575 2-in-1
where it had worked out-of-the-box with Cosmic and xkb-data 2.23.

Now tested the update to 2.23.1 from -proposed and am seeing the same issue on
the Dell as in #1791367:
1. Press airplane mode key Fn+Pos1
-> Works. Pop-up says "Airplane mode enabled", airplane icon appears in panel,
Wifi and BT are off.
2. Press Fn+Pos1 again
-> Broken. Pop-up briefly says "Airplane mode disabled", then immediately
changes to "... enabled", airplane icon remains in panel, Wifi and BT remain
OFF.

I can test the Asus as well in a few days, but based on previous results
I expect that it will work there.

which is subscribed to xkeyboard-config in Ubuntu.

  KEY_RFKILL is not passed to userspace