I'm seeing something like this on a 32bit Acer laptop - with Intel
graphics - running Kubuntu 18.04.1 - it's been doing it for quite a long
time - but it's still a current bug - I did a full apt upgrade/update
just today.

When the machine awakes from a sleep (eg with by closing and opening the
lid) the mouse cursor is gone - and the whole screen below the mouse
position is white.   So as you move the mouse up and down and it covers
and uncovers the entire screen.  You have no way to tell where the X
position of the mouse is - but it does seem to work and you can still
click on things.

Switching to a different virtual console and back again using Ctrl-Alt-
Fn seems to fix it...until the machine goes to sleep again.

Seems like maybe some piece of graphics state isn't being properly saved
and restored.

  Mouse cursor lost when unlocking with Intel graphics