This time I've added 'i915.enable_psr=0 i915.enable_dc=0 i915.enable_fbc=0' to
the kernel parameters. In the current session I had to manually reconnect the
notebook to the docking station and after a few seconds, the displays came back
to life. No flickering at all, it just took a little bit more time to came
alive.
Previously I could manage the external displays to work this way, but these
remain flickering even after 20 minutes.
But the CPU is clocked to 3.6GHz, kworker/0:1-kacpi_notify keep spiking the
processor, I assume the lid open and close has triggered such action.
In the meanwhile set the ACPI module to debug mode and I can see these messages
in the dmesg, seems to be some general purpose events but I couldn't find such
(hex or dec) numeric ID in the linux/drivers/platform/x86

/trace_state), there are a lot of executions:
[  +0,000166]   extrace-0141 ex_trace_point        : Method Begin
[0x000000003e97f7df:\_GPE._L69] execution.
[  +0,000003]   extrace-0141 ex_trace_point        : Method End
[0x000000003e97f7df:\_GPE._L69] execution.
What could be this address? This system seems to laggy and the CPU is around 70
oC, normally it would be somewhere around 40-50 oC.

Regards

  [drm:intel_cpu_fifo_underrun_irq_handler [i915]] *ERROR* CPU pipe A
  FIFO underrun