Public bug reported:

I've never had a problem before. The touchpad worked great on all Ubuntu
releases including Eoan until I installed the latest updates today. I
generally use Wayland. I haven't tested the touchpad on X11.

Release:        19.10

xserver-xorg-input-libinput:
  Installed: 0.29.0-1
  Candidate: 0.29.0-1
  Version table:
 *** 0.29.0-1 500
        500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu eoan/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

** Affects: xserver-xorg-input-libinput (Ubuntu)

** Attachment added: "cat /proc/bus/input/devices"
   https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1854633/+attachment/5309083/+files/devices

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-input-libinput in Ubuntu.

  touchpad only works as mouse, no touchpad features