I think I'm having the same issue as well, though due to a mysteriously
broken 5.4.0 kernel (all of them in fact won't pass 'loading ramdisk'
before system restart) I'm running version 4.15.0 on 20.04LTS whether or
not that could be it I don't know. Apologies, I'm not a software person.

which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers-390 in Ubuntu.

  package nvidia-dkms-390 (not installed) failed to install/upgrade:
  installed nvidia-dkms-390 package post-installation script subprocess
  returned error exit status 10