I have the same problem with touchpad in laptop "Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 14 with
Ryzen 4700u".
My Ubuntu 20.04 setting is "Tweaks => Keyboard & Mouse => Mouse Click Emulation
=> Area".

With this setting: Three finger tap works as a middle click and two finger tap
works as a right click which is actually incorrect behavior. I would like to
use upper right corner for middle click.
I tried to install "xserver-xorg-input-synaptics", but it doesn't fix it.

The upper right corner tap worked well with my previous laptop HP Envy
13" Skylake, with installed package "xserver-xorg-input-synaptics", in
Ubuntu 20.04. So the issue is HW dependent.

** Attachment added: "/proc/bus/input/devices"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-input-libinput/+bug/1877798/+attachment/5403559/+files/input_devices.txt

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-input-libinput in Ubuntu.

  The "areas" click-method doesn't work with "SynPS/2 Synaptics
  TouchPad" on "Clevo N141ZU" laptop