"For me 'On Demand' should be automatic."
That is not how Nvidia is using the term:
https://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86_64/450.66/README/primerenderoffload.html
Again, automatic/seamless switching is not available on Linux.

"I only have nvidia GPU working (and consumption about 10W) when using the
prefix"
That is expected. Just querying the GPU will not be enough to to ramp it up to
full power. You can try nvidia-smi when you're running something demanding on
the GPU and you'll likely see more power usage.

"In nvidia-settings I don't have a PRIME Profiles"
That is an issue. But keep in mind that is only a glorified GUI way of using
'sudo prime-select'
It wouldn't change anything since 'prime-select query' already shows you're
already in on-demand mode.

** Summary changed:

- PRIME Render Offload "On-Demand" not supported
+ PRIME Profiles Not Shown in nvidia-settings

** Package changed: nvidia-graphics-drivers-450 (Ubuntu) => nvidia-
settings (Ubuntu)

which is subscribed to nvidia-settings in Ubuntu.

  PRIME Profiles Not Shown in nvidia-settings