Following the bot's message, I do not see a new kernel in -proposed ?
(with 5.8.0-41-generic rightg now). Is this a bot bug, or is there a
newer 5.8 kernel with all patches applied ?

Regarding brightness control, as mentioned early in the thread by
Helmut, we also had the issue on this model. No version from 5.4 to 5.8
allowed it to work in discrete GPU mode.

Now things have a little changed since yesterday's update of NVIDIA runtimepm
(bug 1895855) solving PRIME support issue, now I can boot in hybrid mode and
enjoy brightness control when using the iGPU
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-drivers-common/+bug/1895855

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-input-libinput in Ubuntu.

  MSFT Touchpad not working on Lenovo Legion-5 15ARH05