>From the command line, I don't know how to do it, I use usually the
Mainline Kernel updater's one fork like
https://github.com/bkw777/mainline (see installation guide there).

You can check the name of the kernels i.e. here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubuntu_version_history

groovy - 20.10
bionic - 18.04
focal - 20.04
xenial - 16.04

then you install the latest RC version from it, make sure it starts with the
same numbers.
After a restart, the newest version will run.
To see RC you need to go to the Settings and enable prerelease or proposed
versions or uncheck Hide unstable RC versions, I don't know the exact name of
it.

Check #357 when you testing, probably you will face with the same issue,
that the right physical click doesn't work as it should be (and some
gestures). If that's that case then the test failed, if it works
everything properly, then success.

How to run the older kernel, that's I don't know, you need to check with
google.

Also, if you can't search for an issue in google, I suggest to not even
try to test it, because RC releases can screw up anything and you may be
stuck with a buggy machine that you need to reinstall. Do it on your own
risk.

I also suggest doing a snapshot with timeshift from your system before
you start the process, in case of problem you will be able to restore
hopefully to that point your system. (pls google it how to do it)

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-input-libinput in Ubuntu.

  MSFT Touchpad not working on Lenovo Legion-5 15ARH05