Hi Shatadru Banerjee (satadru-bag)

I think you should stick to patches and an official kernel of your
distro for now.

I use Pop OS 20.10 with kernel 5.8.*. I used to apply the patch in
comment #171 and rebuild the kernel to fix my touchpad.

Now two of the 3 new patches which Coiby Xu mentions in this bug
description are landed to latest kernel updates of my distro. But
without the third patch the touchpad doesn't work correctly. And the
patch #171 doesn't work now like before. So I have to revert patches
47a0001436352c9853d72bf2071e85b316d688a2 and
06abe8291bc31839950f7d0362d9979edc88a666, and then apply the patch #171
to make touchpad work correctly.

I think my NVidia works ok.

I'm going to do that until the third patch arrives to my distro. Or a
new version of distro will be released (and hopefully everything will
work out of the box). Which is in June I think.

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-input-libinput in Ubuntu.

  MSFT Touchpad not working on Lenovo Legion-5 15ARH05