Public bug reported:

I'm trying to run SYCL-based software on gpu (using
dpctl:https://github.com/IntelPython/dpctl) and it requires the compute
runtime to be installed to detect gpu devices.

The issue I have is that using the ubuntu build (installed with: `apt-
get install intel-opencl-icd`) the gpu devices are not detected. The
same version downloaded from github: https://github.com/intel/compute-
runtime/releases/tag/22.14.22890 works. But for end users it's much
easier to use the build available in the official repositories.

What differences in those two builds could explain this ?

I don't know if this is a bug on the SYCL side or something related to
customization of the ubuntu build. I've mirrored the issue on
intel/compute-runtime github: https://github.com/intel/compute-
runtime/issues/588 . Considering also opening an issue on
https://github.com/intel/llvm/ .

Tested on ubuntu focal and ubuntu jammy, using official latest ubuntu
docker images.

** Affects: intel-compute-runtime (Ubuntu)

** Tags: driver gpu intel intel-runtime opencl

which is subscribed to intel-compute-runtime in Ubuntu.

  Compatibility issues with intel-opencl-icd_22.14.22890-1_amd64 build