It appears 'pipe' is NULL in the Mesa source at:

static void
end_query(struct gl_context *ctx, struct gl_query_object *q)
{
   struct st_context *st = st_context(ctx);
   struct pipe_context *pipe = ctx->pipe;
   bool ret = false;

   st_flush_bitmap_cache(st_context(ctx));

   if ((q->Target == GL_TIMESTAMP ||
        q->Target == GL_TIME_ELAPSED) &&
       !q->pq) {
      q->pq = pipe->create_query(pipe, PIPE_QUERY_TIMESTAMP, 0);
      q->type = PIPE_QUERY_TIMESTAMP;
   }

I can't reproduce the problem myself so I wonder are you using two GPUs?
Do you have a monitor plugged into an Nvidia GPU?

** Bug watch added: gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/-/issues #9889
   https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/-/issues/9889

which is subscribed to mesa in Ubuntu.

  gnome-shell crashed with SIGSEGV at NULL from end_query() from
  cogl_gl_create_timestamp_query() from
  cogl_onscreen_egl_swap_buffers_with_damage()