And no, amd64 isn't fixed either, still suffers from this bug with
xserver-xorg-core 2:1.6.4-2ubuntu4.2.

Gerhard's patch still works, but I'm really tired of updating my PPA
every time new xserver-xorg is packaged. We have the bug confirmed, we
have the patch that fixes it, what else is needed to get it into Ubuntu
repositories? This bug is 3 releases old, and still not fixed. Would be
amasing, if it wasn't so sad.

--
Keyboard indicator shows additional layout "null"
which is subscribed to xkeyboard-config in ubuntu.