Hello, I have the same issue.

My Wacom board is model UD-0608-R and uses a COM port on my PC.
The last LinuxWacom driver which worked fine with this tabled was 0.8.7-2, but
this driver only supports X server <= 1.6.4.
The new generation of drivers (currently at version 0.10.7) does no longer
support serial / COM port / rs232 based tablets.

This bug is currently set to expire within days. I think this is wrong.

Best regards,
eulores

--
Wacom Artpad 2 (serial tablet) is not recognized on lucid lynx
which is subscribed to xf86-input-wacom in ubuntu.