Thanks everyone who has posted to this bug report.

I acknowledge that calibration with evtouch is an unsolved problem.
However, in Ubuntu we are planning to deprecate the -evtouch driver, as
it is not well maintained upstream and long term plans are for -evdev to
supplant its need (in the shorter term -wacom may be another option to
consider).  So I am closing this bug as a WONTFIX for Ubuntu; if people
still wish to improve -evtouch I would encourage going upstream.

It's worth mentioning as well that Ubuntu no longer uses HAL.  I suppose
the data collected in this bug could be converted from HAL format to
another form, but even looking through the files it's unclear that lshal
output alone is sufficient to fix the calibration of the devices.  So if
the calibration issues still exist with -evdev or -wacom, those would
need to be reported separately and with different data than what is
provided here.

Aside from that, the quantity of attachments included in this bug report
is causing Launchpad to oops on this bug, including scripts that we use
for automated bug handling.  I've spoken with Launchpad developers about
this oops, but solving it is pretty intricate and not something that can
be easily done.

** Changed in: xf86-input-evtouch (Ubuntu)

--
meta bug to collect lshal touchscreen info
which is subscribed to xf86-input-evtouch in ubuntu.