On Jaunty, when the image file being used as desktop background is
overwritten or changed, the whole desktop freezes for 15 seconds. The
Xorg just after the freeze is shown at 99% CPU, but I can't be sure of
what is happening because everything freezes.

Steps to reproduce:
1) Find the current image used:
$ gconftool-2 -g /desktop/gnome/background/picture_filename
/home/.../imgs/current_bg.png
2) Copy the file to another location
$ cp /home/.../imgs/current_bg.png /tmp/tmp.png
3) Copy the new file back to the original position
$ cp /tmp/tmp.png /home/bisho/imgs/current_bg.png

After some seconds, the desktop while freeze for about 15 secs. The
mouse still moves, but the cursor doesn't change depending on the
context, windows are not responsive, pannels are freezed...

I noticed this because I have a program to change background image
including the earth with the proper shadow, and modify the image every
30 minutes.

This began happening after upgrading to jaunty. Previously this was
working fine.

** Affects: xorg (Ubuntu)

--
Whole desktop freezes for 15 secs when background image is modified
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/368499