I don't want to start a discussion right here and I accept your
decision. However I want to add following: The package nvidia-current
and its content nvidia-xconfig is supposed to be working with the
current system, so it is with the current xserver. I can not understand
why to provide a package which obviously does not work. Either you
decide to drop it for incompatibility or you try to get it to work. I am
no expert at all, but I guess that nvidia drivers never have been fully
compatible with xservers.

--
nvidia-xconfig does not set ignoreABI
which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers in ubuntu.