I think bug #565981 is not the duplicate. I have very similar case with
Ascaronth (#3). Alarm-clock use out memory very quickly. I set up quite
a lot (144; every 10 minutes, 24 hours) alerts. This should be a bug. I
am using Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (GNOME). Alarm-clock was installed by
synaptic.

--
My swap memory gets full after 5-6hours of computer usage on 10.04
which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-intel in ubuntu.