>From Kurt:  Are you still affected by this bug?

The system seemed to be working OK again.  I've quarantined it pro tem
in case there is anything it may still have that is of interest.  If
nobody shows any interest in its present state I'll put it back in
service and see what happens.

I am still a quivering wreck ;)

Seriously, I have seen a few display issues that I can't get to grips
with (ie can't consistently reproduce) and they do niggle.   Thanks for
being there, guys and gals.

--
Reduced screen resolution choices after update
which is subscribed to xorg-server in ubuntu.