On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 06:32:41PM -0000, Mohamed Amine IL Idrissi wrote:
> Confirming on Maverick, but before changing the status, is there any
> other information you would like me to report?

Confirming with what version of gdm?  The latest version of gdm in maverick,
2.30.5-0ubuntu4, is believed to correct this issue for systems with the
nvidia binary drivers.

We would also want to see gdm/X logs showing that you're experiencing the
same crash, before considering this a confirmation.

slanga...@ubuntu.com                                     vor...@debian.org

--
X starts on wrong tty because gdm starts before nvidia driver is ready
which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers in ubuntu.