I was notified of this bug since the uTouch framework is now used for
some input handling in X in Maverick. I am 99% sure this is not a uTouch
induced issue since:

1. A kernel reversion fixes the issue.
2. The X Synaptics input module is used, which is not uTouch enabled.

This is likely due to the following commit, which enables ALPS support
for the trackpad instead of the bare IMPS/2 protocol. This is confirmed
by the Xorg logs from the different kernels:

http://kernel.ubuntu.com/git?p=ubuntu/ubuntu-
maverick.git;a=commit;h=bd79df42218fe1db5e683b567791d4bb97b60685

** Package changed: xorg (Ubuntu) => linux (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)
    Milestone: None => ubuntu-10.10

--
Touchpad is not working since last kernel update in maverick
which is subscribed to xorg in ubuntu.