I did have my card working on Ubuntu 10.04 using the 195.36.15 Nvidia
driver just before I got an update to 195.36.24. Then my card would no
longer work as Ubuntu stalled at bootup.

Now in Ubuntu 10.10 after installing this 260.19.06 version of the
Nvidia driver, I get a black screen before it gets to the bootup loading
screen.

Is there any chance of Nvidia-current being updated?? or some other
fixes sent over updates?

--
Black screen after installing Nvidia drivers on 10.10
which is subscribed to xorg-server in ubuntu.