I'm using Ubuntu 10.04, recently upgraded from Ubuntu 9.10 through the upgrade
option on the update manager.
I have a laptop with a resolution of 1280x800 attached to a monitor of 1680x960
resolution. I have an nVidia graphics card configured to use twinview with both
monitors on the same origin.

The background image with the 'zoom' style, makes the size of the
background have a wrong size, as if two background layers are placed on
top of each other, one with size 1280x800 and the other with size
1680x960.

The screenshot shows what's going on.

What's supposed to happen? Show only one image on the background whose
size is 1680x960.

** Affects: nvidia-graphics-drivers (Ubuntu)

--
desktop background has wrong size when zoomed with laptop and external monitor
attached