On 2016-02-11 17:32, Alex Mandel wrote:
Can someone remind me. Do we have a timeline for getting newer GDAL and
QGIS into ubuntugis-unstable?

Speaking about GDAL only, it seems unlikely to happen before Debian makes the switch to GDAL 2.0.

The packaging is available in the Debian GIS git repository, but only last week the final blockers for the transition in Debian were resolved.

Debian will transition to 1.11.4 before switching to 2.0.2, because of NEW queue delays for the 2.0 packages.

UbuntuGIS doesn't have the NEW queue issue, but is likely to have other reverse dependencies of GDAL that don't support 2.0 yet (because those packages aren't in Debian, or because the GDAL 2.0 patches haven't found their way into UbuntuGIS yet).

Someone needs to do a round of rebuilds in UbuntuGIS to assess the level of support for GDAL 2.0.

Kind Regards,

Bas